10 Ways to Move More This Week- FitSugar.com
Fit Sugar put together this extra epic list of simple ways to move more throughout the day and I just HAD to share it here because not only are many of these tips things that I personally do on a daily basis, but they really do make a big difference.
Staying active through the entire day in addition to a consistent exercise routine is extremely important to our overall health, so my challenge to all of you this week is, if you don’t already, to try incorporating at least 2 of these tips into your daily routine. Once they become habits, add another two, and then continue to slowly add more to your routine until including more movement in your day becomes just as habitual as brushing your teeth or feeding a pet!
And remember! It’s not just about burning more calories. It’s about keeping your muscles and joints engaged, strong, and active! Our bodies were made for moving, so let’s use them!
1. Wake up earlier and do a 10-minute workout routine: It doesn’t take that much extra time out of your day to do one of these 10-minute workouts in your living room.
2. Park a little farther from your office building than usual: A few extra steps a day can add up.
3. If you take the bus or subway, then stand instead of grabbing a seat: Standing instead of sitting helps keep cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check, and bracing yourself while you stand during the ride will help burn a few more calories as well.
4. Take a walk at lunch: A midday break can help re-energize you.
5. Instead of happy hour, meet up with friends for an exercise class after work: You’ll save and burn calories while still getting quality time with your friends.
6.Do a five-minute wake-up sequence in the morning: Just a few minutes with this five-minute morning wake-up workout can help you feel more flexible, awake, and ready to start your day.
7. Take a walk while you enjoy your morning or afternoon coffee: Instead of rushing right back to the office, walk around the block for a much-needed mental and physical break.
8. Use a smaller water bottle so you take more water cooler breaks: Taking trips back and forth to the water cooler is great when you feel like you don’t have a lot of time for a break.
9. Walk around your block after dinner: It’ll aid digestion and boost your metabolism.
10. Do calming stretches before bed: Instead of moving straight from lying on the couch to lying in bed, break it up with these relaxing bedtime yoga moves that help you drift to sleep.